Cloud storage services have changed the way people and businesses store their data and communicate with each other. Now not only can businesses avoid housing bulky filing cabinets without the need for high capacity on-site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
Essentially, the cloud is a system of off-site servers that people and businesses use to store their digital files and media. Individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from a hosting company, who manages the servers.
A business may use the cloud to store important documents and data. Alternatively, an individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music rather than storing that information on their personal device.
The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
Perks of Cloud Storage
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Remote access: authorized users in the company can log in and access information from anywhere securely
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted off-site can be accessed by those granted access
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Massachusetts Business
Ready to migrate your digital documents to the cloud? Call our Worcester storage experts at (508) 425-4054 or fill out the form and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs. We can even help you scan your physical files so you can go completely digital.